Indians live in a tent.
Indians can wear not much clothes!
Indians can go owowowow :)
I was so impressed! Which brings me this: Something magical has happened in the last couple of weeks. It seriously seems like a switch flipped on and all of a sudden...
The kids are WRITING AND READING!!!! They are sounding out new words and trying to read everything in sight. They are writing real life sentences and "stories." I cannot tell you how exciting this is, both for me and for them. It is so incredible to watch!
To think where we started at the beginning of the year to now they're doing THIS!!!
I have just felt so happy as I've watched them all this week! This may sound like a strange thing to say, but in watching them learn to read and really write, I've felt a lot of satisfaction and fulfillment myself. It is just so exciting and incredible! I am SO proud of them!!
Here is one reading group making a thinking map about a story they read- (yes on the tile)!
Then they took their thinking map and wrote a sentence.
Tom saw a bird.
It is definitely fun and exciting in room C106 right now!!
I love those moments when it feels like all of your hard work is truly paying off! This is such a fun and exciting time for them!
ReplyDeleteThat book is awesome and the boy in the last pic is a cutie! :)
ReplyDelete