My kindergarteners are alllllways touching everything. Anything and everything they can get their little hands on. They want to touch each other, my pointers, the chair I sit in, anything I'm showing them while I teach, my clothes/hair/jewelry/ fingernails... It's just a part of how five and six year olds learn.
It really doesn't bother me too much, except when I'm teaching. I'll be standing up at the white board with the kids sitting on the rug in front of me and I'll feel a soft little strumming on my foot. I'll look down and instead of paying attention, someone is stroking the shiny part of my shoe back and forth, back and forth real softly. That kind of drives me nuts!
It really doesn't bother me too much, except when I'm teaching. I'll be standing up at the white board with the kids sitting on the rug in front of me and I'll feel a soft little strumming on my foot. I'll look down and instead of paying attention, someone is stroking the shiny part of my shoe back and forth, back and forth real softly. That kind of drives me nuts!
I actually did notice that the kids weren't being their normal touchy-feely selves. I mean, not that I am complaining or anything- but I just noticed.
Finally, at the end of the day I reached down to hug Brooklyn and she stepped back with the most horrified look on her face. She looked up at me and said, "We're all scared to touch that thing on your shirt."
Oh my gosh- I just about died!! Sooooo funny!!!
Finally, at the end of the day I reached down to hug Brooklyn and she stepped back with the most horrified look on her face. She looked up at me and said, "We're all scared to touch that thing on your shirt."
Oh my gosh- I just about died!! Sooooo funny!!!
"Guys look- it's soft- it's just a fur vest," I explained.
"Is it.... a squirrel?" someone else asked, dead serious!!
"No! It's not even real fur! See? You can feel it if you want to!" I told them. A few brave souls stepped up and touched it and nodded in approval.
Then, from the back of the crowd Garett scrunched up his face and said, "Well. You sure look like a dog wearing that thing."
I have not laughed so hard in a long time!!! Love, love, love kindergarteners and their brutal honesty!
"Is it.... a squirrel?" someone else asked, dead serious!!
"No! It's not even real fur! See? You can feel it if you want to!" I told them. A few brave souls stepped up and touched it and nodded in approval.
Then, from the back of the crowd Garett scrunched up his face and said, "Well. You sure look like a dog wearing that thing."
I have not laughed so hard in a long time!!! Love, love, love kindergarteners and their brutal honesty!

OH MY! This is Laugh out loud hilarious! thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThis is hilarious! I can't stop laughing :)
ReplyDelete