Thursday, November 4, 2010

What's Cooking In Kinder

Today our class took a step back into days of old and made homemade applesauce.

Actually, we are just studying states of matter and this was a perfect (and delicious!) illustration of what happens when you add heat to a solid.

Each student got to come up and help core and peel the apples.



Then, we chopped the apples up and put them in the crockpot with brown sugar, water and cinnamon. YUM!
(No, the Lysol in the background wasn't one of the ingredients!) 
Last night at home, I cored and peeled some of the apples they brought to school in order to save time. Actually, my husband did about 90% of the work, because I couldn't figure out the tricky apple contraption that was embarrassingly easy for the kindergarteners to use. When I told the kids that Mr. S. and I did some of the apples last night- they all wanted to know, "Did Mr. S. do my apple?!?! Did Mr. S. do my apple?!?"

Amazingly, as we ate apple sauce this afternoon they all pointed out which apples were theirs in the sauce. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment